With generous support from Diamond Mind
NBOA's authoritative guide to independent school business operations is now available in print and ebook editions. A greatly updated and expanded version of NBOA's 2008 Welcome to the Jungle, the new book's 15 chapters outline everything in the business officer's portfolio from accounting and auxiliary services to taxation and technology.
- The Evolution of the Business Officer
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Financial Sustainability
- Tax-Exempt Financing
- Endowment Management
- Partners in Advancing the School
- Non-Tuition Revenue
- After School and Summer Programs
- Facility Rentals
- School Stores
- Environmental Sustainability
- Technology Topics
- Human Resources and Employment Law
- Regulatory Compliance
- Taxation and Reporting
- Risk Management
- Food Service
"Best book I ever bought as a new CFO in an independent school. I highly recommend."
* Print versions also include a $4.50 handling fee (regardless of number of books in order), plus shipping as determined by UPS. Where required by law, sales tax will also be assessed unless buyer provides proof of tax-exempt status.
** Please note: e-books cannot be printed or copied. E-books may also be assessed sales tax where required by law, unless buyer provides proof of tax-exempt status. E-books are compatible with all Apple, PC, Android and Kindle Fire products. All users must create an Adobe ID that will authorize you to download the e-book. PC/Mac computer users must install Adobe Digital Editions (free); users of Apple, Android and Kindle Fire tablets must download and install Bluefire Reader (free). You will receive instructions and links with your order.
All sales are final. We are unable to issue refunds for print or e-books.